Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Self Portrait with Masquerade Mask

I received an awesome masquerade mask from Gary when I fist arrived in Tbilisi, Georgia over a year ago. For the longest time it was just a wall decoration. But when I was living in my first bachelor apartment, looking at it every day on the wall, I felt I just had to do something fantastic with it. And since I'd been wanting to do self portraits I decided I would wear it. Its a fairly simple portrait, simple lighting coming from my window .. I wanted the focus to lie on the mask. And even though I only used window light I think it created great high lights and it still has detail in the shadows.


There are some more shots that are similar to this and they may show up here eventually. But I still have so many other film pictures to put up. And I only want to post once a day .. so slowly but surely :)

2 comments:

  1. Great shot!

    This reminds me of a performer I saw at the Green Party Convention, who showed us how different masks could convey emotion.

    See it here:
    http://www.faustwork.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one is purple, which is considered a color that conveys sexuality. I think I just might have gotten that point across :P

      Delete